Monday 23 September 2013

Day 0: And in the beginning

Hello and welcome to my journey,
My name is Claire and I am a 23 year old dreamer. I live in England with my mum, her boyfriend and 3 cats.

At the start of this year I decide to write down a list of what I wanted to achieve in my lifetime (Due to a unfortunate accident when I got hit by a car the year before, but don't want to go into that story right now).

So I dug out my life list I wrote when I was 17, after reading John Goddard's "Another check mark on the list" in chicken soup for the soul, I had roughly 150 things on that list though by then I had completed some and others where just not relevant anymore. So I set myself a goal after reading a couple of lists on the internet so see if I could come up with 1001 things I wanted to achieve or experience before my time is up, it has taken me just over 8 months to complete and a lot of headaches, but here it is (To the right, in sections).

The only order they are in is alphabetical to their sections. Some of these goals will take years, some will take hours, some will be achieved, some won't. Many are selfish, some are selfless. Some mat seem generic, some are very personal. All of them are important to me in some way or another.
I have started this blog to document my journey to achieve these goals, and will use it as a sort of public diary, I will post my progress on each goals and have a separate post with pictures when I achieve one.

One or two things to start, I don't for one minute expect I will achieve all of these goals before I go, this is just an exercise to see what I personally can achieve. I expect many will be forted by time, money and just plain bad luck. So no negative comments or pessimism about how these will never happen please. Positive energy only!

If you have a blog yourself on what you are trying to achieve or on topics I seem interested in please post a link and I will gladly take a look.

Lastly this list is not set in stone, I am only 23 and do not know enough about myself or the world to be able to know, I may try to climb my first mountain and absolutely hate the experience, however I may try hiking and love it, so things will change as I go along, I will let you know in the blog what changes.

I hope you enjoy and feel free to comment!

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment